Kali’s forte is working with busy, stressed-out professionals who don’t want to add another item on their “to do” list, but need to take back responsibility for their health. She works with students and clients to discover easy-to-implement, strategic ways to improve how they eat, breathe, sleep, and move.
Kali also serves the Watertown Center for Healing Arts as a Business Development Consultant. Feel free to reach out to her with any questions about our space and/or programs.
Email: info (at) ajourneyintohealth (dot) com
Address: PO Box 541316, Waltham MA 02454
- Therapeutic Yoga Sessions: Learn More or Schedule an Intake Session
- Mind-Body Wellness Coaching Programs: Learn More or Schedule a Consultation
Upcoming Series: Yoga for Beginners Over 40
- Have you been interested in trying yoga but don’t know if you can do it?
- Do you have injuries or other physical issues that limit your mobility?
- Want to learn the basics so you feel more comfortable joining a class at a gym or studio?
Join Kali in a small group setting to learn yoga from square one. You’ll learn:
- several standing, seated, & reclined poses,
- health benefits, so you know why you’d do the poses,
- how to adjust the poses in a way that works for your body!
You can ask questions throughout & will leave with handouts that let you practice what you’ve learned at home. Max 10 spaces available; this filled last session!
- When: Mondays, 6-7 pm starting September 9, 2019
- Where: Watertown Center for Healing Arts – Skylight Studio
- Cost: $75 per person, pre-registration required
In 1998 Kali added power yoga into her fitness routine to increase her flexibility, and started exploring meditation to offset the stress of her high-tech corporate job. It wasn’t until many years later–after several significant challenges and deep internal work–that she started to see more clearly what it meant to be healthy.
In 2012 Kali took the full leap into mind-body wellness, forming A Journey Into Health. In addition to becoming a 200-hour certified yoga instructor, she found energy healing and holistic nutrition: she’s also an Usui Reiki Master and an Eating Psychology Coach. In 2015 Kali received her 500-hour Hatha yoga certification, which includes a specialization in Yoga Therapy. Reaching 1000+ teaching hours also gives her an E-RYT (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) designation with Yoga Alliance.
Kali provides her yoga students with a well-rounded yoga practice—one that incorporates physical postures and movements, various breathing techniques, and do-able meditations. Her group classes are relaxing, energizing, and fun.
In classes and in one-on-one sessions, Kali enjoys working with beginners (especially people who don’t think they can “do yoga”), and with people who have physical, mental, or emotional limitations. She specializes in:
- stress, overwhelm, anxiety
- chronic pain & illness (e.g. headaches/migraines, back pain, fatigue, etc.)
- body image / emotional eating (binging, overeating, chronic dieting, etc.)
- insomnia and sleep concerns
That said, she is open to working with anyone!
Kali has also lived an Ayurvedic lifestyle for over 10 years, so she also likes sharing simple tips from this holistic system of medicine with her clients. Her workshops (including “Get a Refreshing Night’s Sleep,” “Learn to Meditate,” and “Yoga for Anxiety & Depression”) are informative, interactive, and inspiring.
Kali believes each person is unique and ever-changing, so there’s no one-size-fits-all solution to health issues or goals. While keeping things lighthearted, safe, and welcoming, she encourages folks to slow down, be curious, and explore life’s challenges to find the lessons and gifts.